46/52
47/52
"A portrait of my girls, once a week, every week, in 2014."
These weeks:
- Grandma and Grandpa Wilson came for a visit. They came for Emma's baptism and to spend some time with the girls before we're off to Kazakhstan. The week went way too fast. It was nice seeing them and the girls loved having Grandma around.
- Emma was baptized into the LDS Church last Saturday. It was such a special day for her. She's been waiting for that day for a while. A big shout out goes to Grandma who came prepared with goodies and made the baptism much more special. It was my first so I was a rookie not knowing what to do and how to act.
- on Tuesday Matt had a day off and we went to see the Great Falls National Park. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed it very much. We were entertained by some kayakers going down smallish but still crazy waterfalls.
- Sonia started walking couple of weeks ago. She just turned 11 months old. She's my fastest developing baby. She is also quite temperamental and Matt and I are quite afraid of the airplane ride next week. She loves her freedom and screams like a crazy person if she's not getting it. Wish us luck, we'll definitely need it with this girl.
- the weather got so cold. Though not as cold as in Kazakhstan. Nothing will prepare me for that. Ugh.
- I got to go to the dermatologist without anyone tagging along. Got it done fast and off the hook for the next two-three years.
- got confused with the volunteering at the schools. Went to read to Emma's class and sabotaged a Mystery Reader that was assigned that day. After all my books were read I suddenly realized I was supposed to read at Alyssa's class. Big fail. I was given a second chance by Alyssa's awesome teacher and last Friday got to read to her class too. Now I am done with volunteering for a little while.
- Grandma and I surprised Alyssa for lunch one of the days a week ago. She was very happy to see us and I enjoyed hanging out with her at lunch. Her classmates are hilarious.
- I started having lunches/dinners/meets with my friends before I leave. It's been very nice having my mind off leaving and packing. And of course seeing everyone and hanging out with adults (without kids).
- speaking of packing, we are packing out this coming Wednesday. Uh-oh, I am so not ready.
- We have one more week before we leave. Sad.
Linking up with Jodi.
No comments :
Post a Comment