"A portrait of my girls, once a week, every week, in 2014."
This week:
- we had our pack out. Again. It went pretty well comparing to the other ones we had over the course of our lives. Probably because we did not have much stuff to pack. We did have a lot of food to pack as we are allowed to bring consumables with us this time. I underestimated thinking we'd hardly send any food, but after all the "preparation" we came up with the 1800lbs of food. That sounds like a lot of food but believe me it isn't. Especially for the family of 6 people. We'll finish it by New Years. Ha.
- Matt finally told me that I might have to homeschool the girls after all. He got frustrated with the school we were sending the girls to. First they did not have a spot for Emma, two months later when he checked with them they did not have a spot for Alyssa but had one for Emma. I will be homeschooling till next school year starts so the girls can go at the same time. Let's hope everybody makes it till September alive.
- all my girls (but the screaming littlest one) have been extra nice to me lately. They keep saying:"Mom, you are the bestest!" It is music to my ears. I know it will not last for long and I am trying to savor it while it lasts. Ahhh!
- our Thanksgiving plans fell through the last minute and so we had nothing to do. On Thursday, Matt booked the hotel for the night, got some tickets for him and the girls to see Wicked as a surprise, and we took off to Norfolk, VA. As we got there not one restaurant was open and I got a little worried about our Thanksgiving dinner. We (not so much Matt) got lucky and found Texas de Brazil restaurant that was open. We had a very nice fancy dinner and I was quite happy that I did not have to clean or cook. Maybe we should keep this non-traditional Thanksgiving tradition alive.
- some ladies from Oakwood took me out to dinner. It was very nice to spend the night with friends (adults) while enjoying good food. Thankful for all my friends all over the globe.
- also so thankful for all my friends who helped us by watching the kids while we packed out. It's been very helpful not having to deal with all four girls and their demands. I feel so blessed with all the support I get from people around me. Grateful.
Linking up with Jodi.
No comments :
Post a Comment