"A portrait of my girls, once a week, every week, in 2014."
This week:
- Sonia started (and still having) her first ever diaper rash. Ugh. I cannot figure out what is causing it. At first I thought rice cereal was causing it and switched to oatmeal cereal but the rash is still present. She also eats bananas and apples which are not that allergic.
- she is finally crawling for reals! My mom trained her for a couple of days and she finally got how it's done. Needless to say she is unstoppable now and needs constant supervision. She also learned how to sit up from her crawling and starts pulling herself up on stuff. Oh boy, she is growing up too fast.
- on Thursday Emma had her last day of school. It was so sad. She made very good friends with two girls from her class and the three of them cried for three days straight before the last day of school because they'd miss each other. Thank goodness Emma forgot all about her school/friends the day after it ended. Having my mom and my sister also helped tremendously as they kept Emma's attention on something else.
- on Wednesday my mom got her Schengen visa and we celebrated it with cupcakes from the Take a Cake bakery. I love their cupcakes!
- on Friday we packed and went to Greece for a long weekend (thus the necessity of a Schengen visa for my mom). We went to Kallithea beach at Halkidiki. We've been there once last year and we loved the beach so much that we decided to go there this time. Beautiful water, beautiful beach, friendly people. I will miss that place. My mom loved Greece and I am glad we could squeeze a road trip into her visit. We all got burned by Sunday (even with me walking around and spraying everyone with SPF 30-50) and were a little miserable on the way back home.
- I forgot to write about Sonia's well check up last week. She got a lot of shots and really hated being at the doctor's office this time. Her stats: W = 8kg(80%) L = 67cm(75%).
- I kept decluttering and organizing. We have less than three weeks left in Bulgaria.
Linking up with Jodi.
Three weeks! I can't wait to see you guys. We have maybe 6 weeks left here. Ashley cried really hard for a few days when school ended, too. I think it is just starting to hit Ethan and Josh :(
ReplyDeleteI love that jumping picture, and Sonia is so big!!
ReplyDeleteDash,
ReplyDeletefor diaper rash try "Monkey Balm" (looks like a big glue stick ,you can find it on Amazon). My baby had some mild eczema on his cheeks and nothing seemed to help, but that Monkey Balm. It's good for any skin problems, really.
Thanks, Yul'! I'll give it a try!
Delete