Pages

24/52

June 19, 2014

mardigras

patriotic nails

smooth moves

gazing

"A portrait of my girls, once a week, every week, in 2014."

This week:

  • I am so late on these this week. But stay with me as these days I am trying to de-clutter and organize all the crap useful stuff we have. Plus, I have been spending time with my family.
  • my mom came for the last visit while we're in Bulgaria! It's been such a whirlwind since she came. I am glad she is here to help me watch the kids while I run all the errands.
  • because this whole "mom coming business" happened so quickly I decided to keep it a secret from the girls. Alyssa was excited at the airport when she saw my mom and my sister. When Emma came home from school she acted like nothing's happened (went past my mom and almost cried). It was weird. Note to self - Emma doesn't do well with surprises.
  • on wednesday Embassy Bake Sale happened and I made some delicious cheesecake bars.
  • there was also Felt Sale (charity sale to help abused bulgarian women) at Emma's school which we went to and I bought some felt figurines and dolls.
  • At the same day Matt's birthday was happening, so I had to do something fun for him. As my mom was here to watch the girlies, I made a cake and took it to Matt's work. He had no idea I was coming and so it was a surprise for him. All the people that work with him were very nice and sang him a birthday song with me and had some cake that I brought. So it was a successful birthday surprise. I have no idea if Matt enjoyed it or not as the day before his birthday he told me he doesn't like surprises and doesn't enjoy big birthdays. Still it was nice doing it for him.
  • Emma's been complaining about her itchy eyes. She's been sneezing a lot lately and rubbing her eyes like crazy. It's been an allergy season with all the trees and bushes blooming so I gave her some allergy medicine and it worked. Now every morning she asks for some medicine and/or eye drops and runs away happily.
  • Emma's class had a potluck on Friday. It was nice for Emma to run around with her friends though it was not as fun for Matt and I. We did not know any parents so we just awkwardly stuck with each other. Maybe I should have been more active during the school year.
  • oh, and Matt and I snuck out to the movies one of the nights. It was so nice to be by ourselves for a couple of hours! Pure bliss.

Linking up with Jodi.

2 comments :

  1. That is a busy week. Seriously. So much going on, and planning the move. You are incredible.

    I love the pictures you posted. Besides the gorgeous girls, all I see is how beautifully green the grass is. Oh, how I miss soft green grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all these little pieces of your week made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |