"A portrait of my girls, once a week, every week, in 2014."
This week:
- I am halfway done with this 52 week project! I kind of like doing it because I remember to take pictures of my girls every week. There are some weeks when I feel like it is a chore but most of the time I really enjoy it.
- my mom washed all the windows in the whole house for me. It's such a big thing and I am so grateful for that to my mom. Let me just say we have a lot of windows in this house and they are quite big. It took my mom three days to do it all. Phew.
- on Wednesday it was my brother's birthday. My sister with my girls made a cute little video clip for him where they danced and were all cute. It turned out so awesome that I still keep watching it.
- Emma had a playdate with one of her best friends from school. She was very happy. Alyssa got lucky as she was also invited. I kept thinking about how awesome my summer would have been if we weren't leaving.
- on Thursday we went out for dinner. We went to two different restaurants and they were both closed down for the summer. I had no idea they did that in Bulgaria. Even if it makes sense why they're closed it still made me a little frustrated. We ended up at the sushi place and enjoyed our dinner. We sat outside and kids ran had a chance to run around. After dinner we stopped at the frozen greek yogurt place and enjoyed dessert. I wanted my mom and my sister to have a great evening before leaving, an evening to remember.
- on Friday my mom and sister left and I was very sad. It is so nice having someone around to hold the baby while you're making dinner and someone to talk to during the day. I am so used to doing it all by myself but then when my mom comes and helps with things I cannot help but wish we lived close to each other.
- Matt got an honor award at work for being totally awesome.
- we have so much food in our fridges (two of them + a big freezer to be exact) that we will not be able to eat it all in the two weeks that we are here. I wish I could throw a party but we don't have any friends anymore (it seems everyone left already) and I am not an entertainer (I'd rather clean the whole house by myself than invite people over).
- we are trying to squeeze as many road trips in the weekends that are left as we can. Bulgaria cannot be more stunning than it is right now. I will have to write extra posts to show the pictures from our awesome trips.
- we have one "normal" week left and then it gets totally crazy until we leave.
Linking up with Jodi.
Lovely pictures of your girls! It's hard to believe we're at the halfway mark with the 52 project, I'm with you in that it sometimes feels like a chore, but when I look back on the photos I'm so glad I've kept up with it. Kelly :)
ReplyDelete(Visiting from the 52 link up)
I can relate to so much of this post - especially the part about how awesome the summer would be. Two years is too short in one place. We only have three days left here! Great pics as usual. Can't wait to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteSaying good bye to family and friends is the worst. It will get better once you are the one doing the leaving. You should post the video of the girls I would love to see it! Love you and the fam tons!
ReplyDelete