Pages

10/52

March 9, 2014

chillin'

littles

the best

Alyssa

"A portrait of my girls, once a week, every week, in 2014."

This week:

  • Emma had a little school break at the beginning of the week because of all the Bulgarian holidays. It was nice to have her around because she helps with Sonia. We did some baking and cleaning, lots of laughing and reading.
  • the weather has been weird lately. It was foggy, rainy, chilly. Today it all went downhill - it got very cold and it even snowed a little. I want warmth already!
  • girls came from school covered in red and white bracelets because of the Bulgarian tradition to celebrate coming of spring - Martenitsa.
  • my dad came to Sofia for a couple of days for work. He stayed with us and my girls LOVED having him around. I, of course, loved it too. We had a great time having conversations about Ukraine and about life back in Kiev. I just wish he stayed longer than just two days.
  • yesterday was International Women's Day. It was nice and not so relaxing. :) We had to take my dad to the airport. Then we went to the grocery store to get some food for next week. After that our friends were willing to watch our girls while we went out but instead we decided to just hang out with the said friends and not go anywhere. I guess we were both too tired to go out. Matt did get me beautiful tulips for the Women's Day.
  • I am taking baby steps back into sewing. My friend Kellie is giving me the best gift ever for my coming birthday. She is teaching me how to quilt. I picked a quilt I liked, she bought fabric and now I take a couple of hours a week to go to her house to sew, talk and relax without screaming babies. So nice.

2 comments :

  1. What a great gift! Beautiful pics as always. I've been thinking about you a lot with Ukraine in the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that your dad was able to visit! Grandpa/dad visits are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |