Pages

We're in London!

November 10, 2013

We are in London! I still cannot fully believe it but it is sinking in and we are super happy that we'll be here for a little while. I also subconsciously count the days to see how long we still have here and become sad as the time flies by. It's been almost two full weeks that we've been here and I loved every second of it.

London

The other day I told Matt that London is my kind of a city. I am a city girl and love being able to walk and go hang out at the parks with the kids. There are plenty of beautiful parks here with wonderful playgrounds, the metro/bus system is amazing, and the city is so very walkable. If only we could afford to live here, we'd move in a heartbeat.

Buckinham Palace

So our usual day looks like this: we wake up and eat breakfast, get ready and go to the park/museum/sightseeing. We usually take the bus as it's the cheapest and the easiest. We also walk a ton here. The kids have been pretty good about walking long distances (approx. 40-60 min one way). I am grateful that I trained them young.

ducks

It seems like everywhere we go we pass through a park with lots of ducks and a playground. So we stop to scare the ducks and play at the playground. Maybe even eat some ice cream. We've been lucky as the weather hasn't been too bad. We've had some rains here and there but usually they don't last and we still have a half day to do something.

BigBen

I am also so grateful that Matt could take the whole time off to be with us. It seems that the girls are going through some weird times and whine a lot. Katelyn has been so very ornery lately. I understand she is a two year old after all BUT I thought we went through this already earlier in the year. Um, no. She throws herself on the dirty ground, does not want to behave, screams, fights and does all the things two year olds do at this age. It is very exhausting. And every day I think I would not be able to do it all by myself and thank havens for Matt by my side.

Big Ben Lawn

There is so much to do here in London and I want to cram everything I can before the baby comes. But the time flies so fast and I am sure we won't do everything we planned. Matt doesn't want to go out of London. I suspect he is just nervous to drive on the left side. And I don't blame him as I get so confused by all the cars coming from different directions that doesn't make sense. That is one thing probably I would never be able to do - drive on the left side. Too confusing.

walking

In other news I will be 36 weeks as of tomorrow and getting closer and closer for the baby to come. This time I am not rushing it though. It probably is my last pregnancy and I know how much chaos we'll have after the baby comes so I am perfectly happy to go to my due date. Plus it would give us more time to enjoy London. But don't get me wrong, I am kind of tired of being preggo and am ready to hold this babe in my arms and get back to my usual shape, size and no weird pregnancy things. I've had a Dr's appointment and everything looks great. I've registered at the hospital and talked to the midwives about my birth plan. The little human in me is growing and I am getting fatter. Only four weeks to go. And I am sure these will be some awesome weeks of our lives.

7 comments :

  1. Good luck! I still say I should have come to London to help you instead of Matt. You know there's nothing like a sister-in-law to help at a birth (especially a birth in London!) ;)
    And also, I'm with you on being a city girl. I love being in a walk-able (and train-able) place. I miss Tokyo for that very reason...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaylene, you are totally invited! You can be a night nanny. Ha :)))

      Delete
  2. Yes, London is way expensive...just like Moscow. Your posts make me miss Europe so much! Good luck with your delivery. I hope it goes smooth and quick :) My uterus hurts thinking of you :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we need to see a picture of beautiful pregnant Dasha. I'm glad you're enjoying London (also I am a little jealous, just saying), and that Matt is with you. I miss our city walks! Also I'm going on record right now and saying I don't think this is your last baby. I just don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Masha, you are very funny! (and scare me with your predictions) :))))

      Delete
  4. Dashka! I had no idea you moved!!! How long will you guys be in London? I love seeing all of your pictures with your beautiful girls! And I am with Masha on seeing a picture or two of your pregnant self!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mashka, no, we did not move to London, though I seriously wish we did. We are here just for the baby's birth. So in January we are going back to Bulgaria. :)

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |