Pages

This Week's Recap

October 6, 2013

hike

This week has been pretty busy. I feel tired and it seems like this weekend isn't very relaxing. Which honestly it isn't for various reasons. The time is flying by and only three full weeks are left before I have to pack my bags (hopefully not forgetting anything) and leave for London. I still have so many things that I planned to do before I leave but I am realizing now that not all of the things will be done. And I should feel fine about that. I really should, but will I?

sillies

So this week's recap is:

  • I will be 31 weeks as of tomorrow. I feel fine some days and completely exhausted other days. I've had my doctor's appointment last week and my belly is 3cm smaller than it's supposed to be. So I am going to have an ultrasound next week to see if everything's alright. The girl is moving around, having hiccups and poking my bladder quite regularly so I am not very worried. But it will be nice to see her again.
  • Matt has told me that he'll be able to come to London with us at the same time AND stay with us for the whole three months. This is such happy news for me as I was dreading being in a city I don't know by myself with three crazy girls. With Matt being with us at all times we can go to more places and museums together. I will still get my evenings and weekends off as my wonderful husband takes care of pretty much everything during those times.
  • Alyssa and Katelyn have been sick this week. It's been exhausting as they mainly have annoying coughs at night and do not sleep well. Thanks to Pinterest I made this concoction for them to take when they have coughing spells. I give them only 1/4tsp and it works like a charm. BUT it's quite spicy and they despise taking it. I have to bribe them with things and still they don't want to take it. So we have to literally open their mouths and pour it in and then listen to them scream for the next two minutes. But the coughs then subside and everybody sleeps peacefully for a couple of hours till we need to do it all over again. I so hope they get over it soon.
  • On Friday Matt had some dental surgery done and now he's miserable. I've been trying to help him to feel better but with kids around it is hard to do. Needless to say I am tired and did not get my usual weekend off.
  • The weather this last week has been pretty cold. It rained almost every day and we even had some snow on the top of the mountains. That's why my girls got sick and I haven't been very happy about it. Yesterday the weather cleared up again and it's back to being sunny and pleasant but I don't trust it anymore. I am getting my winter stuff out!
  • We got our order through the commissary run yesterday. We are quite lucky as we can order some american things by cases from the closest military base. It's been so nice to be able to eat american bacon and have cream cheese available at all times in my own house in the fridge/freezer. Thanks to these commissary runs we have four times a year. So now we have Goldfish and Cheerios again. Yay! I hope they last longer than a couple of months. Which will probably happen this one time because we'll be gone for the three months and won't be able to eat it all before we leave for London.

leaves

So that is how our week went. With good and not so good things happening but we'll take it.

6 comments :

  1. I am SO happy that Matt can go with you guys. That will be awesome. I think you guys will have fun. And I just pinned that cough syrup recipe because my girls have awful coughs right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. phewf...what a week. I'm glad Matt can go with you, too. But I guess that means you don't need me to come, anymore. Because I was totally coming to help you out for three months in London ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that Matt can go the entire time. That is awesome. Also, tell that little girl to stay healthy until the 4th of December. Then she is free to come any time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news that Matt can join you in London! I am jealous of your travels - what a great way to see the world! Good luck with your travels and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soooo glad matt will be there the whole time! That is HUGE! Chris said ya'll aren't allowed to come over to Paris thought which SUCKS big time. I guess I will have to come to you... a lot. Can't wait to see you so soon! Hugs
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the hectic days before we left for our post. I cannot imagine doing that with pregnancy. I hope your ultrasound shows it's nothing. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |