It was our 4th of July long weekend and Matt was determined to go to Greece. It was weird to begin with because usually I am the one pushing my husband to go somewhere and do something. This time it was his turn to push me. I woke up with a feeling. You know that feeling when you don't really want to go anywhere or do anything. You 'feel' like either something will happen while you're gone or the things won't go the way you want them. So yes, I woke up with that kind 'feeling'.
Greece met us with sunny beautiful weather. This time we went to the island of Thassos. It took me by surprise with its breathtaking nature with beautiful azure seafront, pine forests and mountains.
We spent a day and a half on the beach. Doing nothing but swimming, relaxing and sunbathing. Emma spent all her time in the water. Alyssa and Katelyn built sand castles. I read a book.
As far as my 'feeling' goes. It nagged me at the back of my mind for a while. Kids misbehaved more than usual and were grumpy most of the time. I decided that was the real reason for me not wanting to go and having that 'feeling'.
In the end, I am so glad Matt made me take this trip to Greece. It was wonderful no matter what. Next time I have a 'feeling' I will just nip it in the bud and not let it nag me. Because I can handle kids that misbehave and missing a great weekend away would be foolish.
Okay those pictures are AMAZING! What an awesome vacation! So glad nothing came out of those 'feelings' and you were able to have a great time!
ReplyDeleteyou go girl! Greece looks so amazing!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! You're making me want to go to Greece now, just to see that blue water :)
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous. Looks gorgeous!
ReplyDelete