Pages

Garden

June 20, 2013

Every morning I start my day with going outside and looking at my garden. I look at all the things that grow there and then water it before the sun gets too hot. This little ritual makes me happy for some reason.

garden

Sometimes one of my kids comes out with me either to look for plump peas or just to let me know they are hungry. I try to tell them things about my little garden to spark a little interest in them.

It's a little sad looking as I am not a gardener and don't know any rules to growing things. I try my best though. So this year we planted a lot of peas, some zucchinis and yellow squash, carrots and radishes. Then couple of weeks ago I also planted some tomatoes and cucumbers. I know it's a little late, but my seedlings died suddenly and I had no choice but plant seeds in the soil outside when it's warm and nice and probably too late.

garden2

So we ate some of our radishes already, but they appeared to be too bitter. We have some weird looking greens which I have no idea what they are, but suspect it to be kale. And we have a lot of peas and my girls are in heaven. They eat them everyday when they go outside. My zucchinis are blooming and I hope we'll get some veggies soon. But the thing that I want the most is cucumbers and yellow and cherry tomatoes. So I am patiently waiting and checking them out every morning.

snail

Oh, and I have a garden friend or two who eats my radish leaves. And I don't mind.

3 comments :

  1. It looks great! Your squash looks much healthier than mine, and I like how you planted everything in parallel rows. Keep updating! I love the photos. And I also have the morning ritual of going and checking the garden and watering. No one but me eats the peas, though. Zoia put one in her mouth once, chewed it, then spit it out. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would plant a zillion peas if it meant my kids would eat them! Maybe if I get them invested and make them plant them? I love that you check it every morning :) I think it is a great morning ritual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of your garden...looks so peaceful!!! I wasn't ever into gardening growing up, but now that I have kids I can totally see how peaceful (mostly quiet) it could be!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |