Pages

Borisova Gradina Park

October 14, 2012

You know how there are cities in Europe when you go and say "Wow! This place has so much history and character and overall is so pretty." Sofia isn't one of them. Or at least I think so for now. There is not much you can go see in the city. I am perhaps judging it too early in our stay here. My opinion might and probably will change as I get used to living here and find things to love here.

So today I will tell you what I like the most about Sofia after living here for almost three months. When you look at the city from up high you will see two big green splotches. Those are the two big parks of Sofia. And by parks I don't mean usual American parks with a playground and three trees around it. These parks are like forests with paths for people to walk around and yes, maybe if you walk far enough you might find a playground but mainly it's for walking and enjoying the nature. I love that bulgarians built things around, preserving these parks instead of replacing them with more buildings or some other stuff.

We went to one of them last Sunday - the Borisova Gradina park.

park

We had such a wonderful time as a family. Girls loved riding their bikes. Matt and I loved walking and kinda talking.

Kiki

This girl rode in the stroller and then ran around for a little playing with rocks.

Monkeys

After our walk we stopped at the trampoline corner and let our monkeys jump their hearts out.
Such a great place to go to with family. We'll be spending there a lot of time for sure.

And that is the first thing I like about Sofia - two big green splotches in the middle of the city.

10 comments :

  1. I love that's here are pretty parks. I love the trampoline corner even more, how awesome!
    I hope you will find many things that you love there.

    We have a family here that was just there, and they loved it. , so that is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a few months to really start liking living in Europe. There were a lot more stuff to do in and around the city as I got to know more people with kids that helped me find good places. German forests were amazing! I'll take a walk in the forest with kids over going to McDonalds' Playplace any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh. "sofia is't one of them" :)
    I agree about how smart they were to build the city around some of the forested areas. Tokyo did that, too, and it made living in the middle of a huge city be more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah, and also, I like your blog header. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous place to take a stroll! So glad that you are finding some things you like. (I love the trampolines too. How cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you found something to enjoy. I am surprised Sofia isn't prettier - I always pictured it being pretty and kind of "old European." I cannot believe how big Katelyn is. I feel like she has just shot up since I saw her in July. I love her jumper too, did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masha, I was picturing Sofia the same way and maybe that's why it was a shock when it wasn't the way I pictured it. I am sure I will love it by the end of our post.
      Did not make Katelyn's jumper, it was a hand me down from a friend.

      Delete
  7. Looks BEAUTIFUL! I am glad they have preserved such a place! Good luck finding more things you like there. Your girls are so grown up!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |