Pages

I Took a Walk

October 4, 2012

roads

I took a walk today. It's been so long since I went on a walk which is longer than going from a car to a store. It felt very nice and refreshing. As much as I want to say I will go on a walk everyday from now on, I can't. Sofia is not a walkable city. And where we live it's even more un-walkable. There are many things that are keeping me from walking here. Scary barking dogs, no side-walks, or if there are side walks, there's poop and potholes on them, cars that drive a little too fast, and other things like that. Katelyn loved being in a stroller though so I might try to go more often. Which would be twice a month instead of once.

I just thought I'd show you a picture from my walk today. And complain a little while at it.

6 comments :

  1. I wish I was there to walk with you! I live in a fairly walkable city, but there's enough crime here that I don't like to walk alone. I feel your pain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaylene, oh how I wish I had somebody to walk with. I am not scared about the crime, I am more scared of being hit by a car here. :) But there are some creepy looking people walking around too.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you are updating us with pictures of what it is like there. I am always curious what it is like for you guys - you are the adventurous ones in the family for sure. Is there any place near by the kids can play outside? Do you have a good sized back yard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzy, yeas, we have a nice back yard BUT my kids are so not used to playing there that they just don't play there often. And if they play there it's only like 20 minutes tops. Crazy, huh? There is one playground 10 minutes from us which is nice but we've never been there yet. Kids don't complain though. :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you got a walk in. Hopefully it will become more frequent for both of us. It's not as fun without a walking buddy, though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masha, I am not sure my walks will be more frequent. It's just not going to happen here.

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |