Pages

50/52

December 18, 2014

Eyes

sisters

b&w

"A portrait of my girls, once a week, every week, in 2014."

This week:

  • the weather has been quite mild or it may be that we are getting used to the cold. -12C sounds toasty.
  • our neighbor took us to two different international schools so I could see them and make a decision about where to send our girls to. I am leaning towards one particular school but still want to homeschool till the end of this school year.
  • speaking of which we got the ball rolling so I could start with the schooling in a couple of weeks. I am excited and try to talk girls into how awesome it will be. They are not buying it.
  • we celebrated Sonia's 1st birthday. It was the lowest key you could ever have. Girls and I went to the store and fond a little cake. I ordered some pizzas and they were small and weird. Matt was late and so we had to sing her a 'happy birthday' song without him. Good thing she is so little that she did not care.
  • I realized how nice I've had it all this time with Matt getting home by 6pm and helping me to tackle the girls. These two coming years will be hard as KZ schedule is different and he doesn't get home till 7pm. On top of that he will be traveling a lot. I need all your prayers.
  • thanks to one nice lady from Matt's department we have a Christmas tree. It only has three ornaments all handmade by my girls. We also bought some Christmas lights for the window in the dining room. The gifts from Santa all made it to Kazakhstan but we don't have any wrapping paper. Oh well, as long as we have each other, right?
  • Emma has been so helpful last week. I don't even have to ask her for help. She sees Sonia acting out when I try to make dinner and takes her out of my way and tries to entertain her. That's the thing that stresses me when I try to get the dinner on the table and thanks to Emma I don't have to stress anymore. Or at least on some days I get to make dinner without many interruptions.
  • Matt and I are so tired. Sonia is not getting the memo that she needs to start sleeping through the night. She wakes up three times a night usually and when we try to do something different than nursing she screams like someone is trying to cut her leg off. All I want for Christmas is uninterrupted sleep.

Linking up with Jodi.

1 comment :

  1. Love this update and sweet pictures, and I'm sorry you'll have to do so much with out Matt.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |