"A portrait of my girls, once a week, every week, in 2014."
This week:
- my sis-in-law and I got pedicures and stopped at Target while our husbands watched the kids. It was nice though the lady who did my nails was sloppy and my nails don't look that good.
- Emma's tooth filling fell out and she said the tooth kinda hurt so Matt took her to the dentist and they decided to not save her tooth but pull it out. She came home without a tooth but with a sugar free lollipop and a free kid meal coupon at Del Taco. Nice.
- my girls have been asking me for a lemonade stand for ever and finally we decided to do it while we are in the US (and Grandma's house). Got everything set up and ready. Ten minutes into it the weather suddenly changed and it started pouring so the lemonade stand got cancelled due to weather. I felt bad they did not get to do it all the way so a day later we set it up again and the girls made $82.50. They happily split it in three (with their neighbor friend Madison). Emma and Alyssa got Barbies and a Barbie jeep with their money and are super happy about having money for a couple of days and more importantly spending it on what they wanted.
- I got a haircut at Hush Hub salon. I loved the salon, still on the fence with my haircut. The lady worked hard on it though so I am not judging. I am just hard to please in that department.
- I am feeling super overwhelmed with the upcoming move of the circus as our home leave coming to an end. I know it will all be good at the end but the thought of moving again, Matt going back to work, me getting the girls registered at their (two different) schools, etc. overwhelms me. A lot.
- Matt and his dad fixed the car for a fraction of the price that the dealership wanted to charge us. Thank goodness for dads who know how to fix cars.
- we went to Matt's parents cabin in Capitol Reef for three days. I loved every minute of it and did not miss not having internet. We went on hikes, made lots of loomed bracelets, played outside, roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores, rode motorbike on dirt roads, stopped at the Giford's house and bought some preserves, pies and ice cream, and did many many more fun things. The last night there girls camped outside in the tent while Sonia and I were toasty and comfortable inside the house. Next time we need to spend more time there and reconnect with nature more.
- Sonia now has six teeth and looks so grown up with those.
- we got back to Salt Lake area and had a very nice family dinner with Matt's siblings who are in this area. Cousins played together and we just had a great family time. That is what I miss the most when we're overseas. Especially around holidays.
Linking up with Jodi.
I finally got a chance to catch up on everyone's blogs. You've taken some beautiful pictures in the last few weeks! You make Utah look amazing :)
ReplyDelete