"A portrait of my girls, once a week, every week, in 2014."
This week:
- which was last week and, again, I am behind. So the week was a complete woozy.
- the big pack out happened on Wednesday and Thursday. It is interesting how fast you go zen the moment the packers come and take over. I was so glad to be done worrying about everything. It also helped that the movers were awesome this time around. There were a lot of them (around 7) and they did such a great job. They were calm and very efficient. They packed almost everything in one day. The second day was loading the truck and packing our pantry. They were done by noon. I wish we have more packers like that in our long life of moving ahead of us.
- speaking of the pack out, our life consists of 200 boxes and a little under 7000lbs. Plus 6 big UAB boxes (Air Freight shipment that we are going to get when we get to DC). Plus 4 suitcases and 2 bags.
- after the pack out there was nothing much left for us to do. Oh, there was lots of cleaning. And let me tell you, cleaning the empty house is a lot of work. And cleaning an empty house with four little people running around trying to find something to do is the hardest.
- so yeah, last week was crazy. And I am glad we are done with it.
Linking up with Jodi.
I'm glad your move went smoothly! That's a lot of boxes. I'm afraid to be joining you in a few weeks in cleaning up after packing -- that's my least favorite part :p
ReplyDeleteSafe travels! I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDelete