Pages

20/52

May 18, 2014

on her fours

not happy

flying

cheesy smile

"A portrait of my girls, once a week, every week, in 2014."

This week:

  • on Monday Matt stayed home with a stomach bug. He went into the guest bedroom and slept for half of the day and girls did not even know he was home. Lucky.
  • on Tuesday I got hit with the same thing but wasn't as lucky as Matt was. I had two kids to take care of and no help. So I took naps when Sonia slept and K was happy playing the iPad (thank goodness for that). I had chills, nausea, massive headache and muscle ache. It was bad. It took me a week to fully recover from it.
  • Matt ate sushi for one of our dinners this week. Who knows Matt knows well that it's a big (and I mean BIG) deal. He ate veggie rolls and a couple of pieces of crab/shrimp ones. I am so impressed by him this year. This is the guy who could not stand the smell of fish.
  • I participated in a road rage. Ha. Living in Bulgaria you gotta do it at least once, right? The stupid very nice lady in her Mercedes cut me off when I was merging and when I honked at her she started stopping every couple seconds to show me who's the boss. You know, stop, wait 30 seconds and go, and repeat the whole process 10 times. Yeah, that. I am not proud of myself for losing my patience but that happens when you meet such "great" drivers every single time you drive.
  • Sonia is so ready to crawl. She's been standing on her fours for a month now but no real crawling yet. All she does is rock a little and fall down. She still gets herself wherever she needs to with an army crawl.
  • we had rain every single day this week. Some days it rained really hard. Those were the days when the ants decided to come hang out inside. We keep spraying them but that doesn't help for long. Now we are trying the borax/sugar trick. Let's hope it works.
  • I have hours left before my big 3-0. Feel weird about it.

Linking up with Jodi.

5 comments :

  1. 30 is the new 20 according to Hollywood ;) Your pictures are so much fun to look at, I was thinking how it must be nice to remember to focus on each child for a few minutes each week as you take their picture, and really See them as you capture their simple every day moments. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can find where the ants are coming into the house, sprinkle cinnamon there. They will avoid it like the plague.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice! We will be definitely trying it! And I lurked into your blog and saw you are a FS LDS family too! So nice to meet you! Where are you guys going next to? And can I just say how jealous I am you got to stay in Oakwood. We're not so lucky this time and there was no room for us. :(

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday!! 30 is not bad at all, actually feels exactly like 29. Go figure...
    I hope you guys get all well and won't get sick again for a very long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Matt! I can't stand the though of raw fish so I am super impressed. I can't believe she is going to crawl. You are in BIG trouble! I am sorry you were sick :( It drives me nuts when I get sick and still have to take care of everyone (so um, everytime). They need a mom-call-in-sick hotline!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |