Pages

Trip to Macedonia

April 16, 2014

Last weekend of March we decided to go on a road trip. My mom came to Bulgaria for a visit and we felt like we needed to do something with her to distract her from all the stress she got in Ukraine. I wish we could take her to Greece but she does not have a schengen visa so we decided on Macedonia. It is not far to drive to, it's pretty and Ukrainians don't need a visa to go there. Win win.

Ohrid

We decided to drive straight to the beautiful Ohrid. My friend, who's from there, told me how beautiful it is and it did not disappoint us.

church

We were lucky to get some good weather that weekend. It's been raining when we got there the previous day and I thought we'd spend most of the time inside. The next morning though I was surprised with the nice and sunny weather.

church closer

The day was fabulous. We took a boat ride, walked around the old part of the city, saw some ruins, went into a fortress, took pictures at the ancient amphitheater.

fortress

amphitheater

The kids were so great that I think we might be finally getting into an "easy travel with kids" phase. (Or maybe it's because Matt and I got used to all the craziness around us that road trips don't faze us anymore). They were awesome in the car for the six hours of our trip. Katelyn was miserable as she threw up couple of times during the drive. Since this summer she suddenly started having motion sickness. It's been pretty bad lately that last week I finally ordered some stuff to try to help her with it.

bunch

The old town reminded me a lot of Bulgarian old towns in Plovdiv and Veliko Turnovo. There is a lot of charm in the old cobblestone streets and nice old houses. There were a lot of cute little vintage cars driving by that I wanted to take pictures of but did not get a chance. And then we stumbled upon this beauty. For some reason I loved it so much that we had to stop and take a family picture in front of it.

awesome bunch

I loved Ohrid so much that I asked Matt if we could come back again before we leave Bulgaria in July. With so many plans though and not many days off (Matt cannot take days off anymore as he spent all of them when he went to London with us) I am afraid we won't be able to come back. But then again, you never know.

4 comments :

  1. Great pics. It looks beautiful. For motion sickness, I have a recommendation: Coccoulus indicus. You can buy it on Amazon. Remember how N used to throw up in the car all the time? She hasn't puked once since I started giving her this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you were able to have a visit from your mom! Macedonia looks awesome- you took some pretty amazing pictures.

    So sorry about the carsickness. I can completely understand, both Jack and I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so beautiful! I love that last picture next to an old VW van where Mat is surrounded by his girls. Try to squeeze as many day trips as you can before you move. As hard as they are with small kids, you will look at those pictures later with a big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS! What a fun trip! I hope your mom was able to relax. Have you ever taken some melatonin for the carsickies? Though it also makes you drowsy so thats not so good on a trip.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |