Pages

7/52

February 16, 2014

snowman

unibrow

asleep

"A portrait of my girls, once a week, every week, in 2014."

This week:

  • The week started with snow and ended with such a beautiful weather. Today the weather was sunny and super warm. I really hope it stays this way. I am ready for spring and do not want the snow to come back.
  • Emma's school had the Ski Week. This means every day the whole school went to the Borovets mountain to ski. Emma loved it. Though she came home with a cough after a couple of days of being outside. At the last day she came home very disappointed that her group did not go on the lift to try a bigger hill.
  • Sonia had a well check up this week. It went fine. Though I've been reprimanded for caving into Sonia's charms and letting her sleep in my arms. She weighs 6 kg which puts her into 95th percentile. Height is at the same percentile. My babies are all long and chunky. She also got a full dose of shots which made her very fussy for a couple of days afterwards.
  • Our Valentine's day was busy. Emma did not have classes and stayed home. Thank goodness for that as she babysat So while I baked cupcakes and made pizza dough. We went to pick Alyssa up from school and then went home to make dinner. We had heart shaped pizzas and cupcakes for dessert. It was a cute day (if a day can be cute).
  • We are still struggling with Sonia's sleeping patterns. She is doing fine at night as long as we can put her to sleep. During the day she just doesn't sleep as easily as babies should sleep. And it results in a lot of screaming which might or might not be my screaming. People keep blaming me for holding her while she sleeps in my arms by saying that it's my fault that she's this way. It kind of hurts my feelings to say the least. What would you do if your baby woke up and screamed every time you tried putting her in her bed? Let her scream to teach her the lesson? I don't believe babies at this age try to manipulate. So that is what we keep on doing, holding her in our arms while she takes her naps. It won't last forever, right?

Linking up with Jodi.

4 comments :

  1. Just go with your gut. If you feel like you should hold your baby, hold her :)
    Also, once again, I love the pictures -- thanks for letting us be part of your adventures! The gloves on the snowman made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Dasha, your girls are so amazing! These pictures capture the girls so well.
    Don't worry about what anyone says. Sonia is certainly challenging, and I know that it is hard for you, but do what works for you. Whatever makes it easier to deal with, whether that is holding her all of the time or whatever. Who cares what other people say. They are not the ones that have to live with it day in and day out. You love little Sonia more than anyone, and Heavenly Father knows that, he can help you figure out what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I'm sorry you got another stinky sleeper. I know what that is like - G will be 1 tomorrow and he still wakes up at night and often fights naps. And I let him cry (though not when he was Sonia's age). It's not your fault. But goodness, Sonia is cute! I hope she gets less fussy for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your pics. Your girls are beautiful. Good luck with Miss Sonia...I hope she starts sleeping soon. She is a little young to let her 'cry it out'. But that's just my opinion. You're the mom (of 4) so your opinion is all that matters - I hate it when people start commenting on your parenting techniques. I think you are AN AWESOME mother, keep up the good work. By the way...when will you be in DC? We will for sure get together. We are only 2 hours out. My sister lives in Prince Frederick (just south of the city) and has a HUGE house so we can crash there and come play! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |