Our May came and went. Things got crazy and there was no time for blogging. First, we had friends visiting, then we had some crazy weeks that I cannot even remember those, and then came Memorial's Day holiday weekend. And it was great.
What I like about living in Bulgaria is that it is easy to travel around. I am sure in Western Europe it's even easier, but Bulgaria is not that far from some nice countries too. In Russia we couldn't travel as easily as we had to have some kind of a note if we were going farther than 30km from Moscow and the note had to be done at least 48 hours in advance. Needless to say we did not have any unplanned trips. Shamefully, I'll even say that we did not have any road trips outside of Moscow for the whole two years we've lived there.
So two days before the Memorial Day weekend we decided to go to Greece. And instead of going to Thessaloniki we went to the beach - Chalkidiki to be precise.
It was absolutely great. The beach was with white clean sand and the water was so clear and pretty. We spent a day and a half on the beach and did pretty much nothing but played with sand, water and reading (that was me).
It was great timing also as the other kids were still in school and people working, so the beach wasn't crowded and pretty quiet. So that's how paradise looks like, huh? At least my paradise looks like this.
Emma and Alyssa floated like this pretty much for the whole time we were there. They were trying to catch little fish that were swimming down there in groups.
Alyssa sometimes came out to warm up and would just lay like this for a while before heading to the water again.
We also took an hour long ride on a paddle boat. I thought Katelyn wouldn't make it back and jump off of it, but surprisingly she stayed with us for the whole time. And I realized how hard it is to do the paddling when you have so many people on board.
We are thinking about repeating this trip again for the 4th of July weekend but we'll see. I want to go somewhere else where we haven't been. But then again, I would love to be back in my paradise place for a day or two.
looks like my kind of paradise, too :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
man, that looks awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, gorgeous! Much nicer than the Black Sea beaches of Georgia ... Glad you are getting to travel.
ReplyDeleteThis is GORGEOUS!! Man we totally should of bagged the black sea and just gone here ha! I would be back every weekend :)
ReplyDelete