Being overseas sometimes throws you off the American holiday schedule. We try to follow it as much as we can but there are some holidays that make you a little confused. Easter is one of those holidays. Each country has its own date to celebrate Easter. Americans do it early while Bulgarians wait till early May to do it. It's like they wait for the whole world to be done with the celebrations so they can finish it off. We, obviously couldn't wait that long, but at the same time we forgot about the American Easter because on that weekend we took a trip to Greece.
I thought we'd just spread the celebrations over a couple weeks. So last week we dyed some eggs and then Matt hid them while the girls were sleeping. When they woke up they were very happy to find out that the Bunny stopped at our house and brought them little presents and candy.
This Saturday was embassy's Easter Party. Alyssa has been waiting for it for weeks and even threw tantrums about it. So you can imagine how happy I was about the party today.
There was a little bit of swinging on the swing for this little lady.
There was face painting.
And of course egg hunting. There was also lots of eating too, but I did not want to take pictures of people eating. That would be just weird.
To top it all off we took the kids to a tiny amusement place after the party and let them have some fun.
Matt had some fun too. But he said the ride was a little too bumpy for him which only means one thing - he is getting old and crumbly.
Don't be sorry for the picture overload. it's so fun to see your pictures! and chris and I are getting old and crumbly, too... :D
ReplyDeleteAnd for some reason your girls look like they've grown a ton since your last post. They just seem so big now. Tell them we miss them!
I love picture overloads.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a great holiday. I think it is even better having the excuse to celebrate the same holiday multiple times!
They are so cute. Katelyn kills me.
ReplyDelete