Pages

Big Getaway of The Year

February 13, 2013

Eiffel Tower

Last week I went to Paris for a girls' vacation with my awesome friends Kelly and Emily. And I want to say just one thing - it was the best trip I've ever taken in my life! The minor detail of not having kids with me might be a reason for that. I did not have to worry about anything for a while as my awesome hubs took care of everything for a week. (Thank you, babes!)

Paris 1

We saw as many sights as we could, we ate some amazing food, we laughed like crazy and overall had a great time together. I don't have very many friends, but the ones I have are some extraordinary people.

Paris 2

Louvre

We also did a lot of photobombing.

MR

While on our vacation we decided to cram a tiny trip to Ireland. We saw three (official) castles and many more on our way to and from Cork, Ireland. I love love loved Ireland so much! The weather there is a little crazy (rain, sunny, snow) but the country is breathtaking.

Ireland

We took a lot of Instagram breaks in between of looking at the castles.

insta

I kissed the famous Blarney stone at the Blarney Castle. It was a little scary and apparently I am not as limber as I thought I was as I did not go far enough down to kiss THE stone (I kissed a stone above THE stone. Ha). Now I need to bring Matt over to kiss the Blarney stone as it makes people talk more or more eloquent. Maybe he'll be talking non stop from that moment.

Kiss

And to top it all off Kelly took me to Disneyland Paris sans kids a day before I left. It was the best. What can I say. We hit all the rides for grownups, did not have to listen to anybody whine, did not have to go a hundred of times on the "It's a small world" ride and did not feel bad about it. But shhhh, don't tell my kids.

DL

All in all great times were had by all of us. We decided to make it a yearly tradition of getting together without kids and having fun. YAY for awesome girlfriends!!

7 comments :

  1. Seriously! Best trip ever. I am really looking forward to next year. AND if you decide to have a baby next year, just choose somewhere cool to have it, and I can come help!
    Love you Dash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, how about I give birth in Paris, so we can all meet up again. And you can come help me for a month or three :) Miss you and love you!

      Delete
  2. What an awesome vacation! I am so glad you were able to do it! (By the way, doesn't Moscow just fade in comarison with the rest of Europe?) Traveling without kids is the way to go. I was able to visit so many museums and sights because 80% of the time I was without kids! Aren't husbands the best? Going to Paris was one of my first trips in Europe and although I wasn't too impressed, it was a much needed break from whining :) Next time make sure to hit Berlin and Munich. (Or Frankfurt....I left my heart in Frankfurt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yul'chik, for sure! Now I know that traveling without kids is a must at least once a year. You should come visit me so we can go to Frankfurt together. :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great time. I am jealous :) And I miss you! Glad you got a break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like it was a great trip and you had a lot of fun! You have a beautiful space on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |