That we got our next post assignment?

It's Sofia, Bulgaria. I had some mixed feelings about this one. I am excited to go somewhere else which is not Russia, and at the same time bummed it's not something more exciting than Bulgaria. Matt will have to do language training for it and we'll stay in DC for 7 months before we move to Bulgaria in summer of 2012. The good part about it is that the winter weather should be warmer than in Moscow. Let's hope for that because I don't know if I can take any more of the brutal winters we got last couple of years.
In other news, Katelyn is growing fast. She is going to be 6 weeks old tomorrow. We are so happy to have her in our lives. She learned how to hold her head, how to smile (you have to work hard for that though) and how not to get discouraged from being harassed by her older sisters... well, she's still working on the last one.
We leave next Friday to go back home to Moscow. I cannot believe how fast this time went. It's been so nice to stay with my in-laws and have all the help I needed while being pregnant and now with the baby. I will be forever grateful to them for letting me and my crazy kids stay with them for so long. Every day I think about how will I ever be able to manage three kids by myself. I make up routines in my head and think that it will all be perfect. I know though it will be a hard summer for me. So I try to at least prepare myself mentally for that.
I'll survive. I'll survive. I'll survive.
I'm so excited for you guys, it will be fun to be in DC, it is a fun area with a lot to do if you can ever get out with 3 kids. I know nothing of Bulgaria though, but at least Matt is doing his dream job.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it!! At least it will be a long summer, not winter...
ReplyDeleteThat's cool about Bulgaria. Bulgarian is very similar to Russian and most people there speak good English and sometimes even Russian. Our stay in Germany is coming to an end next summer as well and I can't wait to find out where we'll end up.
You guys are going to be all over the world, that is exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteKatelyn is already so chubby, good job Mom!
It WILL be a hard summer and you WILL survive - both are true. :) We still wish you would be closer than Bulgaria, but we'll have to settle for seeing you once every couple years I guess. We'll keep praying for you guys. We hope the trip home goes well for all of you! Love ya!
ReplyDelete