It’s been a long time since the last time I updated the blog. I have been lazy and busy. You know how it is – you are busy and then at the end of the day you choose not to do anything but relax. That’s what I did this last summer. It’s been one busy summer. We had insane heat which caused the swampy forests to burn and we got to breathe the smoke in Moscow. Then we had my brother and his family visit us which was nice but sadly for them the smoke situation got out of control so we stayed inside most of the time. They will have to come again as they didn’t get to see anything in Moscow. After that the State Department authorized the voluntary evacuation to escape that suffocating smoke. So everybody (mostly women with children) left and I stayed in deserted Moscow for a couple of reasons… it’s too long to explain.
Then in the beginning of September we had Matt’s parents come for a visit. Moscow cooperated and they got to have a really nice weather, no smoke, and overall a very nice stay. I wish they could stay for longer as we loved their company and the kids loved having their grandparents here to play with.
As you can tell from these pictures we had lots of fun. So thanks, Mom and Dad, for coming all the way to Moscow!
Oh my goodness your girls are so BIG! Love the pics! That is exciting that Matt's parents were able to come visit with you! Hope your fall weather is much better than you summer has been!
ReplyDeleteI missed your posts, no more being lazy in the evenings!!
ReplyDeletewelcome back to the blogging world! That's cool that your in-laws were able to come. We just had my in-laws visiting us in Germany as well. How fun! Sorry about the smoke. I would hate to have been during those horrible fires!
ReplyDelete