We’re back from here:
It seems like we were gone forever. We spent one hard, hot, and at the same time blissful month in Yalta, Crimea. The weather was perfect, the kids were crazy, the sea was awesome. We did lots of fun things while we were there and have a ton of pictures, but I am afraid I won’t be posting all of them.
Emma loved the water and went from being scared of it and screaming when being splashed in the eyes to not wanting to get out, swimming and diving by putting her head under water for a couple of seconds.
Alyssa was a little cautious of everything at first but after a couple of days at the beach she got used to it and spend almost all her time in the water too. This girl loves being in the water since birth so she was always running into the water when nobody was watching which made it impossible for me to relax.
I tried to relax and get some tan but one little person was apparently against it .
When we were not at the beach we were doing other things. We danced with old people, ate lots of ice cream, rode on Zebras, went to the Zoo, took a picture with a monkey (Emma was too scared of it, but my niece Polya was quite brave), walked a lot and ate a ton of fresh fruit and veggies.
Matt and I also got a day off from kids and went on a 10 hour tour. My mom was very nice to watch the kids for us and let us have a day for ourselves. It was a great tour and we enjoyed it a lot. It’s called Golden Ring of Yalta/Crimea. We saw some beautiful ancient town ruins that were up in the mountains. There were also some other sites to see but I don’t have any good pictures of those.
Overall, we had a blast… But I will not do this again. I mean my five month pregnant sister-in-law and I spent three weeks by ourselves with three little kids who fought all the time. I thought we’d not survive by the end of our vacation. When our husbands came for the last week of our vacation it got much better. So the verdict is I will never go anywhere anymore without Matt. And I am glad to be home… just can’t come up with anything to do in this crazy Moscow heat. Isn’t it weird that when we come to Moscow it has the coldest winter in 50 years and also the hottest summer in 74 years?! Just call us lucky :)
So why is it that when dad is there the kids are so much better? Seriously...it happens all the time with us. He will be totally cranky then Roger comes home and he is the perfect angel. Little boogers. Looks like a fun trip!
ReplyDeleteCraig is the same way. He could be screaming all day and then Alex comes home and he is all smiley.
ReplyDeleteOh, Crimea, Looks like so much fun!!!
ReplyDeleteOh I envy you! I am glad you got a chance to have a day with just you and a hubby, I have not had that this year!!! Nice pics too.
Lucky!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy husband served some of his mission in Crimea and he said it was very beautiful. I'm glad you got to go! Germany next year maybe? :)