Again I am posting something that happened a couple of weeks ago, so don’t look at all the snow on the pictures as most of it already melted. Anyways, I thought I should go check out my future place of residence :) Here it is very beautiful and apparently was very popular with some royal people from history. Some went by their own will and some were forced and were locked in those pretty towers. Even Napoleon armies were there, not to pray but to blow it up. But as you can see miraculously the convent was saved. And today it is a very beautiful place to walk around and let the kids run loose.
This is the oldest structure in the convent (was built in 1524)
So as we strolled around this beautiful place i couldn’t help but think how was it to be a nun. Maybe those days when there wasn’t internet or even TV it was easy to leave everything (your cow and a goat) and just sign up to be a nun. What about go to the monastery knowing that never in your life you will be able to have kids and know all the joys that come with parenthood. But then I thought that next time my kids drive me insane I’ll just turn myself into a “nun”, go get a haircut and lock myself in my craft room for an evening or maybe take a long bath. But at least I can come out the next day and have fun with my kiddos. So I guess we all have our nun moments… which are oh so needed for me… even if lately they’re needed every day.
I love the history there! What beautiful buildings! I hear ya about the 'nun' moments! Sometimes more prevalent than others! ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's gorgeous! There's a good chance of me going and seeing it in person in late May this year ... I'll let you know more as it gets closer :) I'm currently working on achieving this goal.
ReplyDeleteDasha, I feel for you, It seems like every time I am struggling I get a haircut, to feel better, but hey a being a nun would really get rid of all the shining problems:)
ReplyDelete