This girl…
I heard people saying "If he/she was my first child, he/she would be my last". I never thought I'd be the one to say it. So here it goes - if Katelyn was my first, I would be done after her. She hasn't slept well since birth, she needs to take an anger management course and she's been abusing me all along. She used to be perfectly happy all the time so I couldn't complain. But the happy times have ended and now I am just waiting out these hard times.
Sometimes I think Katelyn was sent to me with a real purpose in her life. Make it actually two. Number one is to make me stop having babies, and while at it to scratch my eyes out, which is purpose number two. For the last couple of months I have been walking around with big scratches on my face. She also likes to pull my hair out when I don't expect it. Oh yes, this girl is brutal.
But nobody believes a word I am saying just because she looks so dang cute and sweet. Just look at her. She is an angel on the outside.
On Monday Katelyn turned big one and we celebrated my survival this milestone with carrot cupcakes and I wished that the abusive streak will soon end, that Katelyn will start sleeping better and will start being happy again. And you know what, maybe, just maybe my wish could be working. I love her anyways and after surviving the first year I think we'll keep her just to see what other surprises she might bring to our family.
Happy Birthday to your baby!!! She looks like Emma to me. Yeah, I guess you never know what kind of spirit is going to be sent to your family. You're doing great, mama!
ReplyDeleteIt's the third child syndrome :) we had the same problem, and it started about the same time. And it lasted about two or three years! Lucky you! But he's a great kid again, and I like hanging out with him. So hang in there...and happy b-day!
ReplyDeleteShe is such a cutie! And hey Gaylene.....3rd kids are the best :)
ReplyDeleteSuzy, were you the same? beating up everyone in your way? :)))
ReplyDeleteI 100% agree with Gaylene, third child syndrome is the worst. I am having the hardest time with our third. He is the loudest, and seems the hardest of all. But that could be the age too, she will soon grow out of it and she will love to hear how naughty she was. Hang in there!! love ya,
ReplyDelete