Pages

Moscow

November 13, 2009

So our journey begins. These are the pictures of our first days in Moscow. It's still a little crazy at times but mostly it's boring, and i can't wait to get all our stuff which will not happen till Christmas probably. But at least we don't have to get anything for each other for Christmas - cause we'll have plenty of boxes to open. I am sure Emma will love getting her old toys back. :)
But until then we have to fill our days with a lot of this:

-Looking out of the window. This is our view from our dining room. See how grey it is? It stays like this all day long. The sun rises at around 8:30am and goes down at around 4:30pm. I already got my "happy" lamp from the medical unit. Too bad all they have left is these little portable lamps, but i hope somebody moves out and i get to get a big one to be even happier.

- Eating whatever we can find... in our suitcases that is. On this picture we're having our first dinner in our new home. Can you see what we're eating? That's right, my friends, that's Kraft's Mac and Cheese. It was delightful. We went to a store a couple of times bought nothing, spent 50 dollars. It is expensive to live here, so i'll try to think of some way not to spend all our money on the food we eat. I'll ration those mac and cheeses we brought in our luggage. :)

- We cuddle a lot and play together... most of the time. Other times include fighting and screaming too, mostly by Alyssa. She thinks she can get away with anything and so she's the one who causes most of trouble these days. Or maybe she's just bored and bugging her sister entertains her a lot.

- We go for walks. It is harder than you think. I mean, getting two kids dressed and out of the door is hard, but try to imagine getting them dressed into all the winter gear you have and get them out of the door before all that gear is taken off by those little restless hands. Those mittens are cute, huh? We already lost one and it's not the last one i am sure - Alyssa loves throwing away things that she can take off. And with all the determination to push the stroller in the right direction we just fail to pay attention to all the little people throwing things out of the bottom seat... i wonder where my wallet is...
Posted by Picasa

8 comments :

  1. At least the view from your window is pretty cool - hopefully you will get some clear weather (probably not until spring, right?). How is the apartment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will send you some mac n cheese if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Crazy you are back there - it is kind of weird, actually. Do you like you apartment? Are your parents going to visit you? Will you get a chance to go to Ukraine? The girls are super cute!
    Good luck with everything - miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dasha!!!
    Your apartment looks sooo Russian to me...even though there's just one picture of you guys having dinner. Grey skies...It's exactly like this in Germany right now too. So depressing. I can't even imagine what it takes for you to get those two little girlies to go outside. Is there a park near by? Hang in there...we waited for our things to come for 3 long months and when they came...it was like...whew...I can have my life back! (well...maybe not entirely true). And don't even get me started on how expensive food is in Europe. Luckily we go to a government-operated store and get all the American food we need for American prices. Where exactly do you shop? Keep posting pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girls are getting cuter by the day!!! It is crazy that you are there already!!! it will take time to get used to things, take it easy.
    I miss ya, we might go to Ukraine next summer, I will let you know, we will have to meet up in Crimea or something

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me 20 minutes everytime I bundled Garrett and Preston up for a walk in the winter when they were little. Happy to hear you arrived safely. Hope the happy lamp helps. My doctor recommended a "light" room for me one winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dasha.
    I have similar feelings of Moscow. That would be a hard place to have to little girls. Hope you get to know lots of wonderful people and find a bargain store for groceries. When I read this I knew what you were talking about and somehow my experience there was difficult in the moment, but I have wonderful memories. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |