Pages

And The Winner Is…

June 8, 2009

IMG_5027

(who doesn’t know which country this flag belongs to – it’s  Russia)

Today was the Flag Day for Matt’s class. It kinda felt like graduation from all the rigorous training he had for the past month. It was kind of  fun to watch all the people get different assignments all over the world.

I totally thought Matt’s name would be called when the lady reached Ukrainian flag, but she called some other dude. So then i started worrying, cause all the places that we bid high on were given to others. But then at almost the end of all the flags they called Matt’s name and gave him a Russian flag, so it means we’re going to Moscow, Russia in October of this year. 

IMG_5021

That’s the picture of all the flags of all the countries that were assigned today. Sorry, picture is quite dark and crappy, but i was sitting at the back of it all, so that’s the best i could do with a baby in my arms.

11 comments :

  1. Pozdravlyau!! Moscow, that's awesome! I guess you're going to be kinda close to us :) Did they say when? I bet you're getting so excited. And for how long??

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Are you so excited? How long will you have to be there for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yul'ka and Mashka, we're leaving sometimes in October, they didn't tell us the actual date yet. And we're gonna be there for two years, so you guys can come visit us sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang too bad your not going to Ukraine! but congratulations on Russia!!!! I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. Looks like a fun way to tell everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be sure to take your winter coats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! That's so exciting!! Congrats! I mean yeah Kiev would have been so much better, but still closer to home then the States :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I miss you so much. Issues with scrawny Clare keep me from doing much of anything lately. We are working on her gaining some weight. I am so gad I can keep in touch with you here. we passed your apartment the other day and Preston yelled out, "hi, Emma."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I am so excited for all of you! Sad for us, bad happy for you...you better keep updating your blog in english so that I can keep up with you! Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |